Chief Rasheed Gbadamosi's grant to the Omooba Yemisi Adedoyin Shyllon Art Foundation (OYASAF) for Nigerian Art historians to contribute to the reinforcement and promotion of scholarship and documentation of Nigerian art on issues revolving around the formation, membership and programme of the Zaria Art Society at the then College Arts, Science and Technology, Zaria now Ahmadu Bello Universisity Zaria. The grant particularly targets younger generations of Nigerian scholars interested in carrying out advanced research on aspects related to the Zaria Art Society. The research is open to candidates from disciplines in Art History, Art Education, Art Criticism, Cultural Studies or related disciplines.
The successful recipient is expected to conduct an in-depth research in the following areas:
1. Formation of Zaria Art Society.
2. Original membership of Zaria Art Society.
3. The philosophy of Natural Synthesis.
4. Contribution of individual members to contemporary Nigerian Art
5. Any other relevant or useful information that may authenticate the study.
Eligibility:To be eligible, candidates are expected to be holders of master or doctoral degree in Art History or Art Education or Art Criticism or Cultural Studies or related disciplines. Applicants are required to be affiliated to any Nigerian higher or research institution.
Requirements for Submission of Application
Interested candidates are requested to submit the following documents:
1) Research Proposal: A research proposal of between 10 and 15 pages which should be a clear statement of the work to be undertaken, the significance of the study vis-à-vis the existing literature, the methodology to be employed, implications of the methodological approach adopted for the historical research to be undertaken and the expected output.
2) Reference Letters: Applications should be accompanied by three reference letters, one of which should be from candidates Deans or Heads of Department.
3) Curriculum Vitae: Each candidate should submit a detailed curriculum vitae showing clearly, the candidate's research publications and copies of certificates obtained.
Deadline for the receipt of Applications is 24th April, 2013.
Applications should be submitted to: Secretary, OYASAF Research Committee
E-mail: email@example.com; Tel: 08023312410